Sunday, March 29, 2009

Playlist - 3.28

Fair warning: this playlist starts off a little strange, but go with it. You won't be disappointed (I hope).

















Cheap Time - Glitter & Gold
Monotonix - Body Language [YSI] [Zshare]
Protomen - Hope Rides Alone
Mattoid - Hey Dude [YSI] [Zshare]
The Cure - Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Divison Cover) [Request]

X - Sex and Dying in High Society
Husker Du - Broken Home, Broken Heart
The Stooges - TV Eye
New York Dolls - We're All In Love
Buzzcocks - Love You More
Suicide - Rocket USA

Pixies - Bone Machine [Request]
The Slits - Typical Girls
The Adverts - Gary Gilmore's Eyes
Sham 69 - If THe Kids Are United
Black Flag - I Don't Care

Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Blondie - Picture This

Before I sign out for the week, I need to inform you that Monotonix is probably the most ridiculous and awesome garage rock act to come out of Tel Aviv. Note that I say "act" (as in theatrical act) and not "group" or "band." A Monotonix performance can only be described as a fire-wielding, sweaty, beer drenched explosion of pure chaos (as seen in youtube video below).

I had the great privilege of witnessing said chaos at Springwater about a year ago, which included getting an entire pitcher of beer poured down my shirt by a drunken, hairy Ami Shalev. Speaking of theatrical acts, I thought I would throw The Protomen and The Mattoid in for good measure. Certainly worth checking out if you haven't already. Click away at those links, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment